Friday, February 27, 2009

Mourning my Blindness, for the One

My hands gave in again
To turn my mind again
To all the things that caused the One
To crush Himself for me

The old man cackled with delight
My Soul gave out a cry
That He should see me, beloved outcast
His sacrifice defy

A love incomprehensible
The Eyes of man mayn't see
The Lord of Love, a sacrifice,
Was scorned and shunned by me

Oh, wretched man, what glorious mercy
And grace, that poured out THE Heart
For me,
When, knowing all that comes and goes,
My denial He did foresee

We play the game
And spend our unearned light
To serve a master who scorned
The One, and yet WE HAVE THE GALL
TO CLAIM THE LOVE OF HIM
THE GRIME OF MAN WHOM BORE

"O SINNER, WOULD THAT YOU WERE HOT
OR COLD, THAT YOU WOULD NOT CLAIM
MY LOVE, AND THE "riches" OF THIS EARTH
DESIGN TO SLAVE TO THAN THE GLORY OF THINGS
ABOVE"

fine

Your time is not wasted in reading this, if it causes you to think of the Author rather than the author. Hope this helps someone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Florida!
Who wrote the poem? It definitely made me think.